Hello. My name is Katie Kenny — I’m a journalist based in Wellington, New Zealand.
I work for New Zealand’s biggest news website, Stuff, and its associated newspapers around the country. My work has also appeared in Fairfax Media publications in Australia, and in the New York Times.
- Mental Health Foundation media grant co-recipient (with Laura Walters), which resulted in the four-part series, Through the Maze (2017)
- Finalist in the Pacific Area Newspaper Publishers Association Awards Digital Publishing Innovation category, for the editorial series, Sex Mis-education (2017)
- Finalist in the Canon Media Awards for Best Editorial Campaign or Project (2017)
- Awarded Asia NZ Foundation internship at the New York Times in Hong Kong (2016)
- A lead journalist on Faces of Innocents, winner of Best Investigation in the Canon Media Awards (2016)
- Fairfax Media NZ Mike Robson Fellowship recipient (2015)
- Finalist in the Canon Media Awards for Student Journalist of the Year (2014)
- Fairfax Media NZ Journalism Internship recipient (2013)
“I like to see life with its teeth out.” — Janet Frame