Hello. My name is Katie Kenny — I’m a journalist based in Wellington, New Zealand.
I work for New Zealand’s biggest news website, Stuff, and its associated newspapers around the country.
- Mental Health Foundation media grant co-recipient (with Laura Walters), which resulted in the four-part series, Through the Maze (2017)
- Finalist in the Pacific Area Newspaper Publishers Association Awards Digital Publishing Innovation category, for the editorial series, Sex Mis-education (2017)
- Finalist in the Canon Media Awards for Best Editorial Campaign or Project (2017)
- Awarded Asia NZ Foundation internship at the New York Times in Hong Kong (2016)
- A lead journalist on Faces of Innocents, winner of Best Investigation in the Canon Media Awards (2016)
- Fairfax Media NZ Mike Robson Fellowship recipient (2015)
- Finalist in the Canon Media Awards for Student Journalist of the Year (2014)
- Fairfax Media NZ Journalism Internship recipient (2013)
“I like to see life with its teeth out.” — Janet Frame