With my colleague, Laura Walters, I co-hosted a podcast, called Superfad.
You can see my latest work here or go to the next page for highlights.
- University of Canterbury Robert Bell Travelling Scholar (2019)
- Aotearoa NZ Science Journalism Fund grant recipient, which resulted in the project, Data for sale: the value of our digital lives (2018)
- Finalist in the ‘promising’ category (open to journalists in the first five years of their career) at the inaugural New Zealand Centre for Investigative Journalism awards, for Through the Maze (2018)
- Finalist at the annual New Zealand media awards (Voyager Media Awards) for Best Editorial Campaign or Project, for Through the Maze (2018)
- Mental Health Foundation media grant co-recipient (with Laura Walters), which resulted in the four-part series, Through the Maze (2017)
- Finalist in the Pacific Area Newspaper Publishers Association Awards Digital Publishing Innovation category, for the editorial series, Sex Mis-education (2017)
- Finalist at the annual New Zealand media awards (Canon Media Awards) for Best Editorial Campaign or Project, for Faces of Innocents (2017)
- Asia NZ Foundation intern at the New York Times in Hong Kong (2016)
- A lead journalist on Faces of Innocents, named Best Investigation at the Canon Media Awards (2016)
- Fairfax Media NZ Mike Robson Fellowship recipient (2015)
- Finalist at the annual New Zealand media awards (Canon Media Awards) for Student Journalist of the Year (2014)
- Fairfax Media NZ Journalism Internship recipient (2013)
“I like to see life with its teeth out.” — Janet Frame